Volunteer and Jobs
|Part-time Museum Security Guard
This position is responsible for the security and safety of the Museum collections, the Museum building, and the Museum staff & visitors in terms of preventing theft & damage, securing the premises, and providing customer services to museum visitors. May also includes light maintenance duties.
Reports to Director of Visitor Services
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Follow and adhere to policies & procedures needed to maintain security within the Museum’s galleries, throughout the building, loading and around the Museum’s perimeter.
· Monitor security equipment (exterior doors, security alarms, door/window contacts, keys & radios) and use them efficiently to secure the building and to facilitate communication between staff.
· Respond to emergency situations such as fire, evacuation plan implementation or employee/staff injuries. Prepare required security and incident records.
· Opening and closing the Museum galleries, including turning on and off lights and opening or securing the doors and windows.
· Assure Museum and galleries remain secure and that no damage occurs to the artwork on view due to visitor negligence or vandalism. Report all damage immediately.
· Assure effective protective measures for security are in place and that the building is secured in the best possible manner.
· Recommend improvements to security measures as needed.
· As directed by Supervisor, and as required by business needs, guards will relieve Museum Admissions Clerks and other staff during required meal & lunch breaks.
· Daily facilities maintenance such as taking out trash, dust-mopping gallery, changing light bulbs, cleaning up spills, etc.
· Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
· Reliable & honest individual.
· Strong interpersonal & customer service skills required
· Art experience a MUST
· Previous security experience and museum experience preferred.
· Current California Guard Card a plus
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
· A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
· Be well groomed and professional in appearance
Day-time Shifts available, Wednesday- Sunday
Pay starts at $9 per hour.
This is a Part-Time position.
Email resume to email@example.com ASAP, hiring begins immediately. Please specify days & hours available to work.
Please specify any art related experience in resume or in email.
|Become an Intern at the Orange County Museum of Art!
Gain valuable hands on experience in education, the arts, and the non-profit sector. Education interns provide inquiry-based school and public tours, assist with teaching hands-on art projects, as well as engage the community through a variety of school, interpretative, and public programs. Interns will receive training in gallery teaching, touring philosophy, working with different audiences, and engaging the community. Interns have the opportunity to participate in all elements of programming from marketing to research to planning and implementation of education programs. Interns also benefit from professional development programs and field trips designed to launch them into their chosen career.
Candidates must be available at least two days a week in either the morning or afternoon, Tuesday-Friday from 9:30 am-12:30 pm or 12:30pm-3:30pm, as well as have some flexible evening and weekend hours. The internship will begin in July 2013 and continue until June 2014. This internship is unpaid, but can be completed for academic credit. Click here for a complete job description
Candidates must be available to be interviewed before June 21.
How to Apply
Applications must be received by May 31. To apply, please download an download an application and submit to the Education Department. Please mail completed application to Attn. Tour & Studio Programs Assistant, Orange County Museum of Art, 850 San Clemente Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660. Only complete applications will be processed. Applicants must be available to be interviewed.
OCMA Marketing Internship
Applications for internships within the Marketing department are accepted year-round. To apply, please fill out the internship application. Please complete the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Marketing Department. Only complete applications will be processed. For inquiries, please contact the Marketing Department.
· Must be dedicated and committed
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Ability to work independently, many projects will be self-directed
· Open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates
OCMA Development Internship
Development interns are an integral part of the fundraising team, supporting exhibitions and public programs at the Orange County Museum of Art. Interns engage with members and donors through events, as well as assist with fundraising communications, database maintenance, and various research projects. Interns will receive training in the basics of engaging the community to support an organization, donor communications and stewardship, prospect research, and events.
• Help maintain donor database, including data entry and clean-up
• Assist with donor communications, including direct mail, electronic communications, and telephone contacts
• Provide administrative support for development programs
• Carry out research as assigned
• Attend development special events, assisting with guest check-in and event details
• Reliable, dedicated and committed
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written; and an ability to converse with a diverse public
• Enjoys working in a dynamic, often deadline driven, fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently as needed on self-directed projects
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, and familiarity with internet search engines
• Professional demeanor
• Interest and a background in the arts, specifically modern and contemporary visual art, a plus
Must be available at least 2 days a week in the morning or afternoon, Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:30am-5:00pm, as well as some flexible evening and weekend hours.
Download the complete job description here
|The Orange County Museum of Art is now offering free admission on the second Sunday of every month. OCMA Free Second Sundays are held in conjunction with variety of family friendly programs including hand-on art activities, live entertainment, interactive family tours, and much more!
The Museum is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who enjoy working with the public and are eager to help with these special events. Volunteers will gain experience in customer service, hands-on art project instruction, and Museum public programming.
Long term and single day positions are currently available; for more information please fill out and submit the Volunteer Application
to the attention of Family & Public Programs Manager. Must be at least 18 years old to apply.
|Orange County is full of art lovers--are you one of them? Would you like to learn more about contemporary art and share your knowledge with others? OCMA docents make contemporary art meaningful and accessible to student and adult groups through interactive tours.
Docents are trained to give tours of OCMA's outstanding exhibitions in a supportive environment where lifelong learning is valued. As part of docent training, you'll get the opportunity to learn from nationally recognized curators and educators; visit artists' studios, museums, and private collections; make wonderful new friends; and most importantly--challenge yourself and have fun!
Contact Jenni Stenson at email@example.com with any questions.
For more information, please click here. Download an application and apply today!
|The Orange County Museum of Art offers flexible schedules and a range of opportunities to get involved in our volunteer programs. From community events to exhibition tours and development drives, there is something for all interests:
Engage in the Museum's public programming while helping with family events, artist lectures, film screenings, and performances. For inquiries, please contact the Education Department.
Teach the public about art in our exhibitions and collection and serve as the link between art and the visitor. Docents make contemporary art meaningful and accessible to students and adult groups through interactive tours. For inquiries, please contact the Education Department.
Gain experience in a fun retail environment; learn customer service, inventory management, and merchandising in a museum setting. For inquiries, please contact the Visitor Services Department.
Welcome visitors into the museum and engage guests with information about exhibitions on view. For inquiries, please contact the Visitor Services Department.
Learn about the Museum's membership drives and outreach by assisting with major mailings and the donor database; coordinate check-in at member receptions, openings and other special events. For inquiries, please contact the Development Department.
To get started click here to download the volunteer application or call 949-759-1122 ext. 200 for more information. Must be at least 18 years old to apply.
If your corporation is interested in employee volunteer opportunities, please contact the Development Department.
BACK TO TOP